Sunday 22 March 2015

Ocean's Morning Memoir

  • Lights flicker on and off.
  • My brother Shakes me to wake me up.
  • "It's 7 o'clock" I hear him say.
  • I open my eyes and I see him staring down on me.
  • I lay flat on my back.
  • My cat in the corner of my bed sleeping peacefully.
  • I sluggishly push my blanket off and get out of bed.
  • I drag myself into the shower.
  • I slump into the kitchen feeling as sluggish as before.
  • I pop down some toast and wait.
  • I sit down at the table and eat away.
  • My feeling like lead as I muster up the strenth to walk.
  • I flail my arms to wake them up again as I reach for the toothbrush.
  • I throw my lunch box and my togs in my bag my Dad is waiting for me out at the car as I jump in and drive off for another day at school.
By Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment